2018年5月8日火曜日

The Sun and the Wind

The Sun and theWind

Retold by Mairi Mackinnon

illustrated by Francesca di Chiara

Today I read The Sun and the Wind.
This kind of story is also famous in Japan as "Kitakaze to Taiyou".
The story line of this book is as follows.
One day, the sun and the wind began to compare their strength.
The sun was shining and the wind was blowing.
The sun suggested the wind that who can take the man's coat off will be winner.
At last, the sun won the wind.

This story was so familiar to me. So, I was surprised that the same story is existing in America.
I think the wind should have suggested more favorable competition for him to the sun.

5 件のコメント:

  1. Your introduction is interesting!! I want you to make MY introduction♡ I love you.

    返信削除
  2. I enjoyed reading your book review. Good:)))

    返信削除
  3. Nice review!

    By the way, this is an Aesop fable from Ancient Greece, adapted by a British publisher. There is no American connection here!

    返信削除
  4. I know "Kitakaze to taiyou". However, when I read the same book written by English , I will get a feeling different from what I think when I read the same book written by Japanease. I want to read the book.

    返信削除
  5. I haven't read it. I want to read it!

    返信削除